I ain't got no time for that" - is what I usually said to my wife before.
She had always encouraged me to prepare a green smoothie shake for breakfast, but with my good old blender, it just takes too long to make it.
You have to clean the vegetables, prep the ingredients, add them to the blender, add water, then blend.
What's more tedious is that after using my old blender (the Vitamix 5200), I needed to clean it. And if you only have a few minutes each morning, you definitely don't want to be spending them on cleaning your blender.
If you try to clean them quickly, you could injure yourself with the blades or worst, it could accumulate food waste that wasn't removed properly.
Fortunately, now it's not the the case.
My morning looks like this.
Wake up. Say a prayer. Brush teeth. Bath.
Prepare food. Prepare kids for school. Create a green smoothie and clean the Nutri Ninja blender.
Drink smoothie. Feel energized for the day. Enjoy the rest of my day.
I'm not wasting 10-15 minutes of my time with my Old blender (sorry it had it's purpose for some other tasks)
So What is The Nutri Ninja Auto IQ?
It's basically an upgraded version of the Nutri Ninja PRO 900. If you've never heard of the Nutri Ninja brands, they are from the Shark Ninja company which has been an electronics manufacturer for a couple of years.
This company is pretty legit and they are competing with similar personal counter top blenders like the Nutribullet (makers of the Magic Bullet and Nutrbullet PRO 900).
The Nutri Ninja Auto IQ is a 900watts blender that can create your smoothie drinks in less than 5 minutes.
It features a unique technology called, Auto-iQ.
Auto-iQ is basically a programmed setting in the Nutri Ninja that will control how man pulses and seconds it will blend your drinks.
Kinda like a one-touch button settings for creating your drinks.. I've actually tested this out a couple of times and it blends for about 45 secs. That's great to those who wanted to make smoothies while still doing other "ninja" stuff such as preparing for your lunch meal or your kid's snacks.
If you're not a parent you can ignore those but I'm pretty sure saving a minute in preparing your day is a huge time saver. It is for me.
The first thing that you'll notice with this blender is that the Nutri Ninja cups are much smaller when compared with the other Ninja cups (and Bullet cups). In that case, you could purchase an accessory Ninja cup that's bigger.
It's entirely optional though and the cups are all BPA free so it's safe for use with your family.
Now here's what Ninja says that helps different them from other blenders: Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blades break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice and seeds for nutrient & vitamin extraction*
Honestly, I don't know what that means. Because any blender or high speed "extractor" like the Nutri Ninja all does the same thing.
It does sound nice though.
What really separates the Nutri Ninja apart from other blenders is it's Auto-iQ technology that features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork required and at the price point that's friendly on your budget.
There are other blenders and professionals machines that have this feature but it also costs 5-10x more as the Nutri Ninja.
Upon opening your Nutri Ninja, you should be able to find the following items and accessories:
1) Your Nutri Ninja Auto IQ base - it does look bigger than your Nutribullet machines
2) A Set of Pro Extractor blades - the Nutribullet machines have 2 blades, not a big deal but having an extra blade is definitely a good backup idea.
3) 24 oz Tritan Nutri Ninja cup
4) 18 oz. Tritan Nutri Ninja cup with sip and seal lids.
5) Recipe books and manuals
After opening up the box and cleaning the parts first before it's first use, I'm ready to create my first green smoothie.
My favorite recipe just includes greens like spinach then fruits like mango, apple or banana. And I also add my favorite boosts of chia seeds which adds more protein to my drinks.
Then I'll just put all these ingredients in my Nutri Ninja cup, add water, close the cup, then put it in the Nutri Ninja base.
Press the Auto IQ button and within a minute my drink is ready. It really does take the guesswork out of making your green smoothie drinks.
If you fancy tech, you'll love the big display with digital counter to show how many seconds are still remaining when in the Auto-IQ mode.
If you're not sure what recipes to make, you'll usually get Rachel Beller's healthy living & recipe book included in your purchase.
It has over 200 pages of tips, tricks, and recipes that I'm pretty sure you'll love and enjoy!
Nutri Ninja Auto IQ compared with the Vitamix Blenders?
Some people are comparing these Nutri Ninja machines with the professional, high-end blender like the Vitamix (or the Blendtec), but it's like comparing a sedan with a luxury car.
The Vitamix costs at least 5-10x more than the Ninja blenders, so it's expected that it will create smoother smoothies. And it's more powerful too.
But here's where the Ninja (and the Nutribullet countertop machines) top the Vitamix blenders: Preparation and Cleaning time.
Nothing beats these personal countertop blenders when it comes to the efficiency and ease of use. With a high professional blender, cleaning can quickly become a chore which makes using it too difficult to become a habit.
Another thing that some people notices when they compare the drinks made with the Vitamix is that it creates a foamy sediment on top of the drinks.
I'm really not sure what that it, but it seems that it's causing some people to be annoyed with the drinks they've made with the Vitamix.
Nutri Ninja Auto IQ compared with the Ninja Blender Professional
For starters, I believe that the Ninja Professional Blender has a more powerful motor than the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ. And because it's more powerful, it could be noisier too.
For most people, the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ provides more convenience than the Ninja Professional blender because cleaning is a lot easier with it.
It's also cheapers in price and is more convenient to use as well. Most people have been using their personal countertop blenders in the morning and after working out as their energy boosts and shakes.
What people liked about the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ?
The Auto IQ features does create your green smoothies by blending your drinks programmatically for about 45 seconds.
You can definitely do a lot of things within 45 seconds like preparing your kid's breakfast or your meals to go at work.
What people didn't like about the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ?
Some people mentioned that they had problems with the seal of the Nutri Ninja cups. It can be cleaned though. You just need some pick to remove the seal from the gasket of the nutri ninja cups and clean it thoroughly.
Also, some people complained about the noise, but there's really nothing that you can do about it.
All high speed blenders will have noise and if you can't stand it, you'll have to get a slow juicer or a masticating juicer if you want a quieter machine.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ!
- Auto IQ technology optimizes ninja: Pro extractor blades and power to deliver powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction
- Powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction provides great tasting, nutritious beverages
- 1000 watt motor has the power to crush through whole fruits, vegetables and ice in seconds
- Nutri ninja pro extractor blades rotate at high speed to liquefy ingredients into smooth nutrient juices, smoothies and purees.Use a damp cloth to wipe the motor base clean. Never submerge the motor base in water
- Includes: (1) small 18 ounce Nutri ninja cup, (1) regular 24 ounce Nutri ninja cup, (2) sip & seal lids, (1) pro extractor blades, instruction book, getting started guide with product tips and recipes
- 900 watts of professional power breaks down fruits and vegetables for nutritious juices and smoothies
- The nutri ninja: Pro provides you with powerful nutrient & vitamin extraction performance to extract hidden nutrition from whole fruits and veggies
- Twist on the spout lids and take your drinks with you for easy on the go sipping
- Manually pulse to easily crush ice, seeds, skins, stems and frozen ingredients for a smooth, even consistency
- All parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe
- 700 watt power pod with Pulse Technology
- Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction extracts hidden nutrition from whole fruits and veggies
- FrOunceen blending crush through ice and frOunceen fruit for cold drinks and smoothies
- Two 16 Ounce Nutri Ninja cups, 2 Sip & Seal lids & 30 recipe inspiration guide
- Dishwasher safe