One of my friend who was also into juicing bought his first Breville 800JEXL. I noticed it right away when I visited his kitchen for a glass of water. I ask her if I could check her juicer up and see if it can convince me to get one.
My Breville 800 JEXL Review...
Okay so here goes… I tried to keep it short but I got carried away. - :)
The first thing that I noticed is that it’s slick design looks great on her kitchen counter (a wow factor for the wife).
I used to own a Hamilton Beach Juicer and it vibrates a lot once you switch it on. Maybe because it’s body is made up mostly of plastic making it prone to excessive vibration.
This Breville 800JEXL on the other hand is made up of die cast metal body which make it more steady when juicing. It’s a lot quieter too compared to my old juicer. I also loved the fact that it comes with a pitcher with a neat design.
The pitcher has a little hole on the side which fits the extractor nozzle perfectly. Lesser spills means a lot to me because it gives me ease when cleaning up.
Every time I pour my juice into my glass there’s this green froth that I‘m trying to get rid of.
Good thing about the Breville juicer is that its pitcher has a cover that made it easy for me to just pour my juice and the cover will do it’s job to block the froth. Now my drinks are ready to gulp. If you love espresso and don't want get rid of the froth then by all means just take off the cover and indulge.
Extracting juice from green leafy veggies is great for it gives me more amount of liquid than my previous one.
The pulp is much drier than my previous juicer, which means I get more juice from my produce (which means more savings).
I also tried juicing fruits like pineapple (with it’s rind intact), apple, orange, etc. and the outcome is incredible.
It’s promise of 1000 watts power really shows off. I can say that my pineapple concoction turned out smooth, neat, and yummy.
Here’s a quick summary of what I liked about the Breville 800JEXL:
1. Allows adding whole/half fruit sizes into it’s large mouth/opening because of it's 3 inches circular feed tube opening. This saves me a lot of time in cutting and chopping. I do remove seeds of pears and apples. So I still cut them in half.
2. Very easy to clean. There are only 4 parts that you need to rinse and that’s it. Saves me a lot of time.
3. I can easily put a bag in the pulp container to make cleaning easier.
4. There are two speed settings: low and high, which allows me to extract more juice from leafy greens and the high speed setting juices everything really fast.
5. It has a cord organizer on it's base.
6. Stainless sharp blades (titanium reinforced)
7. No problem using it daily.
8. If you get it online, you can get it in about 2-3 days.
And here’s what I didn't like about the Breville Juicer 800JEXL, nothing serious but worth noting
1. It’s a little heavy but it makes it also more durable than plastic juicers. (Because of the die cast metal body)
2. I’d love the pitcher to be stainless (but the existing one is still great)
3. Unlike my Nutribullet this Breville Juicer is too bulky to take on travels.
If you are thinking of getting a juicer that will look great on your kitchen, last a long time, and does the job well, then the Breville 800JEXL would be a great fit as your first juicing machine.
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
- 1000 watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM); Extraction System: Ultra sharp titanium reinforced cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins and minerals
- Die cast steel housing; stainless steel micromesh filter; titanium plated cutting disk
- Circular 3 inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables; Voltage is 110 to 120 Volts and over 40,000 filtering pores
- 1.1 quarts Juice Jug capacity, 3.2 quarts Pulp Container capacity book, dishwasher safe parts
- Locking arm bolts move up to 1/4 in all directions to ensure a snug fit in the locking arm; Note do not operate juicer more than a minute at a time when using at rapid rate or with firm pressure; Allow the motor to rest for one minute between each use
Alternatives to the 800JEXL Juicer
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API