I'm really excited to share this recipe with you.
If you're just starting out and haven't tried drinking green smoothies or drinking your vegetables and greens, then you're in the right place.
What I'm about to share with you is one of my favorite "Green Smoothie" recipes that's perfect for getting you and your body introduced to "green drinks".
But first, why "green drinks"?
Personally, for me, green is the NEW color of health. I symbolizes life, prosperity and health.
And it's because it's the color of dark, green leafy vegetables, you know that it's packed with a lot of anti-oxidants and nutrients.
But one of the biggest challenges we're not eating enough vegetables is because of it's bitter taste.
It's just hard to consume vegetables like that, especially if you've been accustomed to eating lots of sweets and junk foods.
This Beginner Green Smoothie Recipe will be yummy and delicious. Yes, I've never thought I'll be delighted to drink my green smoothies. This recipe is PERFECT for anyone who wants to get started quickly.
Make sure that you've picked fresh ingredients (from your local supermarket) whenever possible. If there's no fresh produce available, frozen goods would be the next option.
GREEN SMOOTHIE BEGINNER'S DRINK
If you're going to use the Nutribullet PRO 900 series (which I strongly recommend) this will make 2 servings for a total of 32 oz.
Here are the ingredients (Fruits and Vegetables)
- 1-2 Handful of Spinach washed thoroughly
- 1/2 banana any variety
- 1/2 cored apple remove the seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds or chia seeds for more antioxidants
- Water or Coconut Water - to fill cup to the Max Line (Nutribullet
Simply wash all the ingredients and put them in your blender or smoothie machine like the Nutribullet.
Drink immediately for best taste.
* If you don't like bananas, you can remove it or substitute other fruits. Just make sure that you don't exceed a ratio of 60% fruits and 40% vegetables (spinach) when creating your drinks. If you're adding a lot of fruits to sweeten it up, you might be packing in more sugar (natural sugar) in your drinks. Remember we're making "green smoothies" and not "fruit smoothies". 🙂
- 1-2 Handful of Spinach (washed thoroughly)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cored apple (remove seeds)
- 1 tsp flax seeds or chia seeds
- Water or Coconut Water - to fill cup to the Max Line (NutriBullet PRO 900 Series)
* if you don't like bananas, you can remove it or substitute other fruits. Just make sure that you don't exceed a ratio of 60% fruits and 40% vegetables (spinach) when creating your drinks.
If you're adding a lot of fruits to sweeten it up, you might be packing in more sugar (natural sugar) in your drinks which could spike your blood sugar levels. Remember we are making "green smoothies" and not "fruit smoothies". 🙂
Just follow the instructions of your blender or equipment.
When I use the Nutribullet, my drink is usually done in less than a minute. I sip my drinks with a straw rather than drink from the glass because it helps with the taste.
As your palate adjusts to the new taste of green smoothies, you can try other ingredients like kale (I love kale), collards, romaine, bok choy or other green leafy vegetables.
They will have a more distinct vegetable taste than spinach, but it will be a power packed drink.
I also love to add ingredients that are potent anti-oxidants. These includes Goji berries, Chia Seeds, Cacao Nibs and others. You can learn more about these "add-ons" by clicking here.
- Rodale Press
- Jen Hansard, Jadah Sellner
- Publisher: Rodale Books
- The New York Times bestselling 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse will jump-start your weight loss,...
- Made up of supernutrients from leafy greens and fruits, green smoothies are filling and healthy and...
- This book provides a shopping list, recipes, and detailed instructions for the 10-day cleanse, along...
- Jenny Allan
- Kindle Edition
Last update on 2018-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API