Summer is almost over and much of the fruits that were not available or were too expensive during the winter months (here in Canada) are now just a quick trip to your local supermarket or local farm.
Today I'd like to share with you some of the top recipes that I've tested and tried. So this will be my monthly Recipe quest (I'll probably be doing this more each month).
For starters, I've done some local research and these are the fruits and vegetables that are in season (here in Ontario, Canada). Of course, you might have different fruits and vegetables in season, so make sure you try different variations as well.
My Top 3 Ingredients This Month Includes
1. Strawberries2. Cherries3. and Kale
Me and my family had a blast when we visited a strawberry picking farm here in southern Ontario. It was really a very hot day, and the sun was scorching, but we didn't mind it because we were enjoying our 1st strawberry picking event.
Strawberry Very Recipe
a simple and easy to prepare summer smoothie recipe!
- 1/2 – 1 whole banana
- 1 – 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 – 1 cup of fresh and washed strawberries
- 1 teaspon of chia of flax seeds
- water to the max line of the Nutribullet
- Remove banana peeling and top of strawberries.
- Wash ingredients and put all of them in your blender/smoothie machine (I use the Nutribullet)
- Blend them for about 30 secs.
- Pour them in a glass
- Serve with Ice. Yummy!
For the cherry recipe, simply replace the strawberries with cherries. Make sure you've removed the seeds of the cherries first by using a cherry pitter.
*You can also swap the spinach with Kale for a different taste. I'm also adding greek yogurt to my smoothie drinks!
[amazon bestseller=”green smoothie recipes” items=”3″]