I'm on a 7 Days Juicing Challenge
Juicing Day Challenge Start
I've told myself that I've wanted to change my lifestyle and eating habits (which is a REAL challenge for me by the way). I was born eating foods that are unhealthy, processed and who-knows-what.
I've blogged about my juicing journey, my thoughts on changing old habits, and I've even bought the equipments that I need in order to succeed in these detox program.
*** Disclaimer - If you are taking any prescription medications or on a special diet, please consult with your doctor first before detoxing and applying any of the information that I've shared here. I will not be held responsible for any untoward incidents that you might experience later on. With that legal stuff said, I'm gonna start sharing...
I felt today that I had more motivation and energy to actually go up and go to the gym.
I did about 15 mins of jogging/running on the thread mill at a pace of 4.5 miles per hour.
I know that's really slow for a lot of people, but believe me, if I increase the speed any further, I would not be able to keep up with that threadmill.
I was happy to be able to burn 147 Calories (according to the thread mill's computerized counter. But it felt like I've lost 1000 calories.
Still I was feeling good and I thought I had more energy so I went and try the other machines. I've spent another fifteen minutes on these two machines.
I was sweating really hard (and there was air conditioning) in our gym.
After 34 mins of (intense) workout, I finally went back home and prepared my first Juice
Here's the Juice Recipe that I Drank.
- A Handful of Kale
- 1 Cored Apple
- 1 Cored Pear
- 1 Celery Stalk
I finished it in one big gulp...
It had the noticeable taste of celery and kale (a little bitter), but overall it was great!
The celery gave the juice a bit of flavor and I love it. I'll definitely include celery in my future drinks.
After drinking it, I'll be honest with you because I asked myself will I be starving on a juicing diet? (Luckily on the 1st day, I didn't feel that way).
In fact, I felt great most of the time. Maybe it's just because of the excitement creating this blog.
Anyway, here's a quick summary of my First Day of Juicing
What I've accomplished this day
1. I've exercised and burned hundreds of calories in 34 minutes today.
2. I've drank my Kale - Apple - Pear - Celery Juice, which I found out to be really delicious (picture on the left).
3. I went to the local grocery store to buy my produce and I've ended up with 5 full bags of greens (kale), beets and fruits. The Total Cost $25.65 CAD.
To be honest, I think that's a pretty good deal. Provided these juicing would last me 3-4 days worth of supply.
- Dimensions (W x H): 7 x 10 inches
- 384 pages total
- Author: Pat Crocker
- Includes 16 pages of color photos depicting the wonderful recipes
- Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
- Mendocino Press (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 260 Pages - 06/20/2014 (Publication Date) - Mendocino Press (Publisher)
- Juicing for Beginners The Essential Guide to Juicing Recipes and Juicing for Weight Loss
- Rockridge Press (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 198 Pages - 08/23/2013 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.