Would you like to know if there's a science behind Juicing? Do you want to know why juicing is getting popular for all types of people? Read on...
More than 1/3 of American adults (35.7%) are obese, and these number is growing at an alarming rate. In the past few years, obesity-related conditions are also increasing. We are getting more obesity related diseases like heart attack, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
And this is because of our modern day diets of steak, ice creams, cake, fried foods, and almost everything that we buy on the grocery store.
We are constantly bombarded with fast foods, drive through meals, and home delivery (pizza, chinese foods, etc) that we literally have little to no chance of choosing healthy foods.
But Juicing helped me with overcoming all these obstacles of getting healthy and eating the right foods, and I'll tell you how in the next few minutes...
First, I'd like to share several resources on Why eating plant based foods is good for you? Drinking fruits and vegetables is just one way of consuming plant based foods. Actually, you can eat whole fruits and vegetables, but I just find that drinking my greens is a much better option.
So the real science behind juicing (real fruits and vegetables) is that you eat foods as foods.
I'm talking about home made juice and not bottled juice. Bottled juice has been pasteurized and that process can actually affect the nutrients and enzymes of the produce.
Hopefully, I've dealt with the Why of Juicing on a research level?
Eating plant based foods is good for our body. There is growing evidence on this. Dr Dean Ornish even published a medical study on the effects of plant based foods in heart disease and it has taken the medical industry by storm. You can learn more about him and his works by clicking here.
So if you are not juicing plant based foods, it doesn't work.
Plants (real fruits and vegetables) are the science behind juicing. Juicing and smoothing just allows us to consume them more easily.
The emotional reasons I started Juicing
I was inspired by the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross. He went into a 60 days Juicing feast and has lost tremendous weight, cured his skin disease and felt great overall. Getting inspired by someone else is a great way to motivate yourself to get started. But I need more than that in order to continue these lifestyle changes.
I've realized that I need to understand my reasons for doing this (losing weight, having more energy and becoming healthier) and focus on those emotional reasons. Change is always difficult, but I knew that this is worth it. If it will be adding more fruitful years to my life, then I'm in. Are you?
How to really get started with Juicing?
You need tools and the mindset to start getting more plant based foods into your system. I'll provide with a list of tools that I use, and this blog will hopefully help you get into the right mindset of juicing. That you are in charge of your health. That you can finally walk down the grocery aisle and choose foods in the produce section rather than the cold cuts or ice cream sections.
How to Choose the Right Juicing and Smoothing Machine?
I have 3 machines (because I'm blogging about these different machines) and their differences. I wanted to do the research so that you wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. But of course, you don't need to buy all of these 3 machines, but if you want to, then there are links below that will get you the best deals and prices (free shipping and up to 25% discount).
*Throw away your regular blender - The drinks that you'll be making will be too chunky, and the drinks made will be hard to swallow and drink.
1. The first machine that I bought was the NutriBullet. It's a powerful extraction machine and perfect for making quick drinks. This is what I use almost everyday. You'll get delicious smoothies in less than 5 minutes. Click here to read my complete review of the Nutribullet.
2. The second machine that I have bought online, is the Breville 800JEXL Juicer. In the movie, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, Joe Cross was using the Breville Juicer brands, so you'll know it juices well and that it's very durable. It's looks great on your kitchen countertop too!
3. The third machine that I have bought online is the Vitamix 5200 machine. This is a somewhat a combination of both. It can make smoothies, and mix ingredients so well that you can strain the fiber and you have instant juice. This is why I consider a Vitamix machine a juicer as well. But what's interesting with this machine is that it can also make healthy ice creams and steaming soup. Yes, it can create soup. The friction and heat created because of high speed blending creates enough friction to heat your soup. Just run it for a few minutes and you'll have a delicious soup in no time.
Hopefully this article has helped you understand and learn more about juicing. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them, or leave them in the comments below.
- Leach HC CJT, Stephanie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 214 Pages - 09/22/2020 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
- Mendocino Press (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 260 Pages - 06/20/2014 (Publication Date) - Mendocino Press (Publisher)
- Dimensions (W x H): 7 x 10 inches
- 384 pages total
- Author: Pat Crocker
- Includes 16 pages of color photos depicting the wonderful recipes
- Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
Last update on 2021-01-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.