Do you want to start exercising but don't have the budget for expensive gym membership fees? Then try these exercises that you can do at the comfort of your own home...
If you always had the excuse of not being able to exercise at least twice a week because of expensive gym memberships and lack of time, then hopefully this post will provide you with some options to try.
(Disclaimer: Before trying any exercise or fitness regimen, please consult your Doctor or health provider).
I used to say I don't have the time, the money, the gym membership or the equipment to get started with exercising.
I was wrong.
I realized I could actually start working out at the comfort of my own home using everyday materials that I can find in our house.
Are you ready to learn more? Then let's continue...
1. Squats - Use your Bodyweight in this exercise.
I remember when I was in high school and we were cadets, we used to be subjected to "squats" for a period of time and sometimes the heels are also lifted for added pressure.
As a home exercise, all you need to do is to spread your feet slightly and then hold your arms straight while lowering your back. Take note of your posture. Do this for 20-25 repetitions or more if you like.
2. Jogging in Place - This is an all-time favorite exercise
This exercise is fun and easy to do. All you need is to start jogging, but not going anywhere. This is the very first exercise that I do every morning. 5 - 10 mins is great for starters and for more advanced people, you can do more.
3. Jumping Jacks - Another old-time favorite
You'll start in the standing position with arms on your side. Then as you jump you spread your feet apart and raise your arms. Repeat the cycle after 15 - 20 reps.
4. Push-up - A great upper body workout
If you're just beginning it's important to follow form rather than speed. Make sure that your back is straight and your chest is not touching the ground when performing push-ups.
5. Burpees - What a great way to sweat
Burpees are fun to do, burns a lot of calories, and provides workout on several muscle groups, so it's a great overall exercise.
How to Exercise at Home (Instructions)
These 5 Top exercises can be done at the comfort of your own homes. I usually start with 60 seconds of continuous repetition of each routine. Then stop for a 10-15 secs rest, then go to the next exercise routine. You can use a stopwatch or timer, but a workout timer makes it a lot easier for checking the time.
And of course, don't forget to stretch your muscles before and after each workout routine. Enjoy!
- AIR WALK TRAINER: The non-slip pedals will help simulate a slow walk or work up to a full run while maintaining a continuous motion capability without interruption. Maximum weight capacity is 220 Ibs. 30 inch stride length
- TOTAL BODY WORKOUT: The air walker exercise machine targets muscles in your arms as well as your legs. When you maintain an upright posture on the machine, your abdominal muscles will work as stabilizing muscles increasing your stability and endurance
- SPACE SAVING: When not in use, easily fold the product and pedals up to 1/2 the length (15L x 19w x 61.5H)
- LCD MONITOR: Informative LCD monitor displays time, count, total distance and calories. Step up your comfort with the adjustable abdominal pad. Move it up and down to ensure proper support and placement
- AEROBIC TRAINING: increases cardio respiratory fitness, which is one of the 5 essential components of physical fitness. With just 20 minutes sustained in the air walker it can help you lose, control or maintain your weight
- 12 LEVELS OF RESISTANCE: The hydraulic resistance system creates a smooth and quiet row, throughout 12 total levels of resistance.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: Track your workout progress on the digital monitor, equipped with time, count, count total, calories, and scan function.
- ADJUSTABILITY: Tailor your workout experience by fitting the adjustable pedal straps to your feet, and level your rower to your space with the stabilizers.
- ERGONOMIC: Enjoy a comfortable row with the pivoting foot pedals, foam handlebars, and cushioned seat designed with your comfort in mind.
- FOOTPRINT: The compact design of this rower allows you to easily move your rower from room to room or into storage.
- RESISTANCE: Easily adjust the intensity of your workout with the twist of the precise micro-controller equipped with 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- DIGITAL MONITOR WITH PULSE: Follow along with your workout progress on the digital monitor that displays your time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse.
- ANTI-SLIP HANDLEBARS AND FOOT PADS: Complete a safe and stable workout thanks to the anti-slip handlebars and footpads.
- STABILIZER: Achieve smooth and even movement by leveling your elliptical bike with the onboard stabilizers.
- COMPACT: This compact machine is ideal for people looking to achieve an incredible workout, but don't have much space to work with.
- 2-in-1 fitness machine with settings for elliptical trainer and exercise bike dual usage
- High-momentum fan blade flywheel system for smooth, fluid movement
- Easily adjust resistance level with the turn of a knob with minimal impact on joints
- Electronic console tracks your time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- Seat adjusts vertically and horizontally for optimum exercise and riding form
- The NO. 077 Trainer includes access to an online training video within the package. THE TRAINING VIDEO IS ONLINE ONLY AND WILL NOT INCLUDE A DVD IN THE PACKAGE
- DIGITAL MONITOR: Use the digital monitor to follow your workout progress with the ability to track time, calories, count, and scan.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE: The three resistance bands can be added or removed to adjust the resistance of your workout to your fitness level. Each band is approximately 22 lb of resistance.
- ADJUSTABLE SQUAT DEPTH: Adjust the saddle angle to 30, 60, or 90 degrees to add depth to your squat and variety to your workout program.
- VERSATILE HANDLEBARS: Take advantage of multiple hand positions to work muscles in your back and chest. Adjust the machine to your body length with the handle and saddle distance control, to ensure proper form with every squat.