There's a big chance that you've heard of the term Superfoods before...
But there's really no scientific definition on what a superfood is, but it's believed that these are foods found to have high levels of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants.
I'm adding different kinds of "superfoods" in my smoothies to create a more delicious and interesting drink. Here are some of the "superfoods" that I love to use, feel free to try them as well...
1. Apple - Yes, an apple is considered to be a superfood. And is one of my favorite fruits. It contains loads of nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C, and more! Probably, there's some truth in the saying, "an Apple a day, keeps the doctor away".
2. Chia Seeds - These seeds comes from a plant that grows mostly on Southern America. It's mostly known for being a good source of fiber and "energy". In ancient Mayan language, chia even means "strength". For me, I'm consuming and adding chia seeds to my smoothies daily.
3. Goji Berries - also known as wolfberries and are native in China. Goji berries are rich in anti-oxidants and nutrients which are beneficial to your body. But as with any dietary change, make sure that you've asked the doctor's permission first before starting, especially if you have ongoing medication treatment as some of these superfoods can affect the absorption of your meds.
4. Cacao - are rich in antioxidants called flavonoids, which might promote overall health and lower your risk of several diseases.
5. Maca - this is an extremely popular superfood back in the Incan history. It has numerous health benefits that are both beneficial for you and me.
6. Blueberries - one of my favorite ingredients when making smoothies. They do give your drink a bluish color though instead of the usual green.
Are you a Nutribullet user?
Did you know that you can now enjoy all of these superfoods (except blueberries).
[amazon bestseller="nutribullet blenders" items="3"]