There's a big chance that you've heard of the term Superfoods before...
But there's really no scientific definition on what a superfood is, but it's believed that these are foods found to have high levels of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants.
I'm adding different kinds of "superfoods" in my smoothies to create a more delicious and interesting drink. Here are some of the "superfoods" that I love to use, feel free to try them as well...
1. Apple - Yes, an apple is considered to be a superfood. And is one of my favorite fruits. It contains loads of nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C, and more! Probably, there's some truth in the saying, "an Apple a day, keeps the doctor away".
2. Chia Seeds - These seeds comes from a plant that grows mostly on Southern America. It's mostly known for being a good source of fiber and "energy". In ancient Mayan language, chia even means "strength". For me, I'm consuming and adding chia seeds to my smoothies daily.
3. Goji Berries - also known as wolfberries and are native in China. Goji berries are rich in anti-oxidants and nutrients which are beneficial to your body. But as with any dietary change, make sure that you've asked the doctor's permission first before starting, especially if you have ongoing medication treatment as some of these superfoods can affect the absorption of your meds.
4. Cacao - are rich in antioxidants called flavonoids, which might promote overall health and lower your risk of several diseases.
5. Maca - this is an extremely popular superfood back in the Incan history. It has numerous health benefits that are both beneficial for you and me.
6. Blueberries - one of my favorite ingredients when making smoothies. They do give your drink a bluish color though instead of the usual green.
Are you a Nutribullet user?
Did you know that you can now enjoy all of these superfoods (except blueberries).
- NutriBullet blender is the ultimate cooking companion, with multiple speeds blend up any recipe, both quickly and precisely.
- Three precision speeds, and pulse function offer you full control at the Press of a button. 1200W of power let you make an endless array of smoothies, soups, sauces, nut butters and beyond.
- Includes: (1) 1200 watt motor base, (1) 64 oz blender pitcher with lid and vented lid cap, (1) Tamper, and (1) recipe book
- The NutriBullet blender blade is made of powerful stainless steel and designed with cyclonic action. Our super-durable BPA-free pitcher is made of high-performance plastic.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply place pitcher in the dishwasher.
- With 900 watts of power, the Pro is faster and stronger than the original, but just as simple to use. Load it up with dense whole foods like nuts, seeds, hard fruits, and kale, then push, twist and blend your way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Optimized 900-watt motor and refined nutrient extraction blades blend The toughest whole foods into nutritious shakes, smoothies, and nut butters.
- Included: (1) 900W motor base, (1) Extractor blade, (2) 32 oz. Cup, (2) to-go lid, (2) lip ring, (2) lip ring with handle and recipe book
- Powerful stainless steel Extractor blades use Cyclonic action to break down tough ingredients. High-performance, BPA-free plastic cups are long lasting and Durable.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water, and put the cups in the top rack of the dishwasher. This item comes with a 1 year Limited.
- NutriBullet blender combo will take your nutrition extraction to the next level with the versatility of both a multi-serving pitcher and a single serve cup.
- Three precision speeds, A pulse function and the extract program offer full control at the Press of a button. 1200 watts of power let you make an endless array of smoothies, soups, sauces, nut butters and beyond.
- Includes: (1) 1200W motor base, (1) 64 oz blender with lid and vented lid cap, (1) Tamper, (1) 32 oz cup, (1) 24 oz cup, (2) to-go lids, (1) easy-twist Extractor blade, and recipe book
- The easy-twist Extractor blade is made of powerful stainless steel and designed with cyclonic action. Our super-durable BPA-free pitcher and cups are made of high-performance plastic.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply place pitcher and cups in the dishwasher and rinse The easy twist Extractor blades with soap and water.
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.