Recipes For Day 5
*These recipes are not set in stone but rather suggestions on what you could try. The ingredients might not be available for you because it's not available on your location, or you might be allergic to it. Find out what works for you.
LEMON INFUSED WATER – This will be a daily part of the 5-Day challenge
- 1-2 liters of fresh or filtered water
- 1-2 slices of lemon (soaked for 1-12 hours if possible) – Try other fruits like strawberries, or honeydew as well.
- Add some mint leaves (optional)
- Add some Ginger (optional)
- a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR DAY 5 (Refer to the BONUS section for the GREEN SMOOTHIE FORMULA for more ideas)
- a handful of kale (or any other dark green leafy vegetable)
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/2 apple (cored)
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced or squeezed
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional: don't include if you don't want it to be spicy)
- 1 cup coconut water or plain, filtered water
- Mix all ingredients in your favorite blender. Serve with immediately or with ice cubes.
GREEN SALAD FOR DAY 5
- 3-4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or hemp oil (cold-pressed)
- 1 lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence (substitute with thyme, rosemary or cilantro)
- 1-2 tbsp of grated horseradish
- 1 cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach
- 5 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1-2 cups of watercress
- 1/2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl, then set aside.
Rinse the greens, chop and prepare it. Mix them together in a salad or large bowl. Add the sunflower seeds on top. Add dressing only before serving the salad.
Serve and Enjoy!
DELICIOUS SOUP FOR DAY 5 – Chicken and Kale Soup
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 lb or organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 stalks of celery
- a handful of kale, stem removed and chopped
- 4-5 cups of chicken stock
- salt (preferably Himalayan salt) and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley (optional)
In a casserole or large pot, saute garlic and onion with the extra virgin olive oil. Add the carrots and celery while sauteing for the next 5 minutes.
Add the cut chicken breasts into smaller cubes (about 1/2 inch thick)
Once vegetables are translucent, add the chicken, cook for about 10 minutes. Finally add the kale, the stock, parsley, salt and pepper to taste
Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
Adjust spices and taste as desired. Serve immediately.
SNACK ON THESE FOR DAY 5
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, cashews
- Hummus – Create your own dips and sauces
The Rest of your Meals for Day 5
As with the previous days, ask your doctor or dietitian if you can replace your meals entirely with a green smoothie, green salads and simple clean carbs like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes. Eliminate all processed foods.
For most people, a simple meal swap of one green smoothie for one meal is all that's needed, while choosing healthier food options for the rest of the day.
Watch out for sugar binges, processed foods, soda, and alcohol.
Beverages for the Day
The choices for beverages would only be:
- Fruit infused water
- Herbal teas or green tea (Matcha Green Tea)
- Fresh or Filtered Water