Recipes For Day 3
*These recipes are not set in stone but rather suggestions on what you could try. The ingredients might not be available for you because it's not available on your location, or you might be allergic to it. Find out what works for you.
LEMON INFUSED WATER - This will be a daily part of the 5-Day challenge
- 1-2 liters of fresh or filtered water
- 1-2 slices of lemon (soaked for 1-12 hours if possible) - Try other fruits like strawberries, or honeydew as well.
- a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR DAY 3 (Refer to the BONUS section for the GREEN SMOOTHIE FORMULA for more ideas)
- a handful of collard greens
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango (or any other tropical fruit)
- 1/2 cup of grapes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- Ice (optional)
- 1 tsp of flax or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk or just plain water(or water to Max line) - Here's how to make your own almond milk
GREEN SALAD FOR DAY 3 - Never like broccoli and kale as salads? Try this
- 2 broccoli heads
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 pieces of carrots
- 2-3 kale leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 dried raisins or berries
- juice of one lime or lemon
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Use a food processor to chop and dice the broccoli, kale, carrots and cauliflower. Add the rest of the vegetables in the food processor (you might need to make them in batches).
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add lime, salt, and pepper to taste.
LOW CALORIE SOUPS FOR DAY 3 - Broccoli and Arugula Soup
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Garlic cloves, sliced and minced
- Broccoli florets from 1 head of Broccoli
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cups arugula
- 1/2 lemon or lime
Saute the garlic and onion for a minute using the extra virgin olive oil. Add the broccoli and cook it for 4-5 minutes or until it is bright green.
Add water, salt and pepper to taste, while bringing it to boil. Then simmer and cover. Continue simmering for the next 5-8 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
Puree the arugula in your blender and add the puree into the soup. Serve while hot and enjoy.
Serve it with a bit of fresh pinch of lemon.
SNACK ON THESE FOR DAY 3
- Chia drink - Just add chia seeds in a glass of fresh water, mix and enjoy.
- Blueberries or any berry fruit (rich in anti-oxidants)
- Homemade trail mix - It's best to create your own, here's how.
The Rest of your Meals for Day 3
As with the previous days, ask your doctor or dietitian if you can replace your meals entirely with a green smoothie, green salads and simple clean carbs like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes. Eliminate all processed foods.
For most people, a simple meal swap of one green smoothie for one meal is all that's needed, while choosing healthier food options for the rest of the day.
Watch out for sugar binges, processed foods, soda, and alcohol.
Beverages for the Day
The choices for beverages would only be:
- Fruit infused water
- Herbal teas or green tea (Matcha Green Tea)
- Fresh or Filtered Water
- Rodale Press
- Jen Hansard, Jadah Sellner
- Publisher: Rodale Books
- The New York Times bestselling 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse will jump-start your weight loss,...
- Made up of supernutrients from leafy greens and fruits, green smoothies are filling and healthy and...
- This book provides a shopping list, recipes, and detailed instructions for the 10-day cleanse, along...
- Jenny Allan
- Kindle Edition
Last update on 2018-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API