Recipes For Day 2
*These recipes are not set in stone but rather suggestions on what you could try. The ingredients might not be available for you because it's not available on your location, or you might be allergic to it. Find out what works for you.
LEMON INFUSED WATER – This will be a daily part of the 5-Day challenge
- 1-2 liters of fresh or filtered water
- 1-2 slices of lemon (soaked for 1-12 hours if possible)
- a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR DAY 2 (Refer to the BONUS section for the GREEN SMOOTHIE FORMULA for more ideas)
- 3-4 leaves of kale
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 cored apple
- Ice (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk (or water to Max line) – Here's how to make your own almond milk
GREEN SALAD FOR DAY 2
- 1/2 – 1 whole cabbage (can be mixed purple and green) and shredded finely
- 1/4 cup red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 avocado, pit has been removed, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- a bunch of sunflower or hemp seeds (optional)
- Toss all ingredients in a salad bowl and enjoy
SNACK ON THESE FOR DAY 2
- Almonds or any nuts
- Blueberries or any berry fruit (rich in anti-oxidants)
- Kale chips – Here's how to make them
The Rest of your Meals for Day 2
As with day 1, ask your doctor or dietitian if you can replace your meals entirely with a green smoothie, green salads and simple clean carbs like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes. Eliminate all processed foods.
For most people, a simple meal swap of one green smoothie for one meal is all that's needed, while choosing healthier food options for the rest of the day.
Watch out for sugar binges, processed foods, soda, and alcohol.
Beverages for the Day
The choices for beverages would only be:
- Lemon infused water
- Herbal teas or green tea (Matcha Green Tea)
- Fresh or Filtered Water
No need to buy “energy drinks” as they are mostly sugar.
Enjoy the rest of the day by drinking more water, smoothies and eating more salad.