Recipes For Day 1
*These recipes are not set in stone but rather suggestions on what you could try. The ingredients might not be available for you because it's not available on your location, or you might be allergic to it. Find out what works for you.
LEMON INFUSED WATER
- 1-2 liters of fresh or filtered water
- 1-2 slices of lemon (soaked for 1-12 hours if possible)
- a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR DAY 1
- a handful of spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cored apple
- a bunch of cilantro
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tsp of flax or chia seeds
- 1 cup water (or water to Max line)
GREEN SALAD FOR DAY 1
- a handful of arugula
- a handful of lettuce (preferably romaine lettuce)
- 1 avocado, pit has been removed, sliced
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- Toss all ingredients in a salad bowl and enjoy
The Rest of your Meals for Day 1
With medical supervision, ask your doctor or dietitian if you can replace your meals entirely with a green smoothie, green salads and simple clean carbs like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes. Eliminate all processed foods.
For most people, a simple meal swap of one green smoothie for one meal is all that's needed, while choosing healthier food options for the rest of the day.
Watch out for sugar binges, processed foods, soda, and alcohol.
Beverages for the Day
The choices for beverages would only be:
- Lemon infused water
- Herbal teas or green tea (Matcha Green Tea)
- Fresh or Filtered Water
No need to buy "energy drinks" as they are mostly sugar.
Enjoy the rest of the day by drinking more water, smoothies and eating more salad.
[amazon bestseller="green smoothie recipes" items="3"]