Recipes For Day 4
*These recipes are not set in stone but rather suggestions on what you could try. The ingredients might not be available for you because it's not available on your location, or you might be allergic to it. Find out what works for you.
LEMON INFUSED WATER - This will be a daily part of the 5-Day challenge
- 1-2 liters of fresh or filtered water
- 1-2 slices of lemon (soaked for 1-12 hours if possible) - Try other fruits like strawberries, or honeydew as well.
- a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR DAY 4 (Refer to the BONUS section for the GREEN SMOOTHIE FORMULA for more ideas)
- a handful of romaine lettuce (or any other spring greens)
- 1 thumb sized ginger
- a generous amount of lemon juice
- 1.5 - 1 piece of banana (I prefer frozen banana)
- Ice (optional)
- 1 tsp of flax or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk or just plain water(or water to Max line) - Here's how to make your own almond milk
GREEN SALAD FOR DAY 4
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2-3 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- a handful of kale leaves (stems removed) and sliced thinly
- 1/2 to 1 whole red or purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Combine and whisk all of the dressing ingredients. You can use your blender to mix it quickly.
Add the veggies, carrots, bell pepper, and carrots into a large mixing bowl. Pour the desired amount of dressing and toss everything until everything is well coated.
Add the raisins, walnuts, parsley, sunflower seeds and mix/toss again.
Serve and Enjoy!
DELICIOUS SOUP FOR DAY 4 - Veggie Soup
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4-6 garlic cloves, diced and minced
- 4 cups of homemade vegetable stock - Here's how to make your own.
- diced tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tspp of thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups of kale, stem removed and chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion for a minute using the extra virgin olive oil. Add the onions, carrot, celery and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
Then add the bell peppers.
Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable stock as well as the other spices. Mix it properly.
Let it reach boiling temperature then let it simmer without the cover for about 20 minutes in medium-low setting.
Add the rest of the kale and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Top with parsley and serve immediately.
SNACK ON THESE FOR DAY 4
- Baby carrots - A healthy snack that's full of vitamins and minerals.
- Apples - it helps with your cravings.
- Avocados - it's a great source of healthy fats.
The Rest of your Meals for Day 4
As with the previous days, ask your doctor or dietitian if you can replace your meals entirely with a green smoothie, green salads and simple clean carbs like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes. Eliminate all processed foods.
For most people, a simple meal swap of one green smoothie for one meal is all that's needed, while choosing healthier food options for the rest of the day.
Watch out for sugar binges, processed foods, soda, and alcohol.
Beverages for the Day
The choices for beverages would only be:
- Fruit infused water
- Herbal teas or green tea (Matcha Green Tea)
- Fresh or Filtered Water
Additional Recipe Books Below
Last update on 2019-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API