They often describe celery as a "negative calorie" food since it contains more water than other foods.
Celery's water content provides us with a feeling of fullness and helps us eat fewer total calories throughout the day.
This may be why people who eat a lot of celery weigh less.
Celery is one of the most versatile vegetables around. You can eat it raw in a salad, steam it and toss it with a bit of butter, or juice it up for a tasty smoothie.
But as versatile as it is, is celery really good for you? Is it even healthy? Surprisingly, yes—and no.
Celery has a lot going for it nutritionally. It's low in calories and fat, but high in fiber, which helps keep you feeling full.
5 Top Health Benefits of Celery
- Celery is an important source of Anti-oxidants
- Celery helps reduce inflammation
- Celery supports indigestion
- Celery is rich vitamins and minerals and it is a low glycemic index food
- Celery has an alkalizing effect