Pineapple is one of the healthiest fruits on the planet. It tastes great whether eaten or added in a healthy smoothie.
However, there many people who don't know the health benefits associated with this versatile tropical fruit.
Let’s have a look at 5 top benefits of pineapple.
1. Better Digestion
Several people suffer from digestion problems, especially of protein.
Undigested proteins can form compounds that can stimulate allergic reactions and inflammation responses.
These can manifest in a variety of health problems such as joint pain, tiredness, allergies, headache, and general muscle weakness.
Pineapples have a unique protein digesting enzyme known as bromelain.
Bromelain can help if you are having protein digestion problem because it breaks down the protein bonds making meat and other protein rich foods much easier to digest.
So one of the best times to enjoy a slice of pineapple or its juice is after eating a protein rich meal.
2. Arthritis, Cancer, Sticky Blood, Eye problems, and High Blood Pressure Prevention
Therapeutic doses of bromelain present in pineapple is great for reliving pain caused by arthritis.
Bromelain also prevent blood palettes from clotting and thus may be a useful treatment for individuals at a higher risk of blood clots.
The benefits of bromelain also extend to the prevention and treatment of cancer, especially throat, colon, and breast cancer.
Pineapples contain potassium, the mineral that aids to balance the amount of water in the body. Insufficient potassium and excess sodium can lead to hypertension/ high blood pressure, thus drinking pineapple juice is great in ensuring that your body electrolytes are balanced.
As you grow old, your eyes cells tend to age and break down. This is known as macular degeneration, and it is something that happens to all people.
However, one of the great ways to overcome this problem is by increasing your Vitamin A consumption. Pineapple juice is rich in beta carotene, a nutrient that our body turns into Vitamin A.
3. Eliminates Free Radicals, Improves the Health of Your Skin, and Boost Your Fertility Rate
Pineapple is major source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential in defending your cells against harmful free radicals that can cause cellular damage.
Free radicals are considered a major contributing factor in a variety of deadly diseases such as cancer. Incorporating vitamin C into your daily diet is the best way of defending your body from free radicals.
Vitamin C is also essential if you want to improve the health of your skin.
The collagen and elastin that stick your skin cells together is reliant on sufficient levels of vitamin C in your body. Increasing your intake of vitamin C through consuming pineapple will help to reduce skin wear and tear and even improve its texture.
The antioxidants present in pineapples can help you have a healthy reproductive systems. For individual trying to have kids, eating more pineapple or drinking its juice can increase your chances of conception.
4. Strengthening Bones
This fruit contains approximately 70 percent of the daily-recommended intake of the mineral manganese. Manganese is required by human body to build healthy bones and connective tissue. It is especially vital for growing kids, teenagers, and the elderly people whose bones are likely weaken as they get older.
Your bones require calcium to be strong. Pineapples contain a lot of calcium, a cup of pineapple juice is enough to give you nearly three-quarters of the calcium that you need daily. It not only works to make your bones strong, but also fortify the connective tissues (ligaments, tendons etc.) around your bones–thereby minimizing your risk of injuries.
5. Boost Energy and Reduce Stress
The manganese present in pineapple is also of benefit for energy build up. This mineral is an important cofactor that is needed for the production of enzymes that are used for energy production during metabolism.
Pineapples health benefits also extend to stress reduction as they have good levels of Vitamin B1 and vitamin B6. This vitamins are essential for proper brain function and enhancing your ability to deal with stress effectively.
There are several health benefits of pineapple. Whether it is cancer protection, improved digestion, inflammation reduction, respiratory health, increased antioxidants, stronger bones, less stress, more energy, better skin, or enhanced fertility, there are several great reasons to be eating more pineapples.
- ALL NATURAL FRUIT: DOLE Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Fruit Juice doesn’t use syrup or artificial sweeteners; It just has the sweetness of all natural fruit,...
- NATURALLY GLUTEN FREE: DOLE Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Juice are a rich source of Vitamin C, and are made from all natural fruit and non-GMO ingredients; They're...
- DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE: With Dole's shelf-stable pineapple products, you can have the delicious taste of refreshing pineapple anywhere, anytime and in bulk; Try...
- NO ADDED SUGAR: DOLE Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice are filled with all the deliciousness you find in whole pineapple, with no added sugar....
- NATURALLY GLUTEN FREE: DOLE Pineapple Chunks in 100% Juice are rich in Vitamin C, have no added sugar, and are made from all natural fruit and non-GMO...
- DELICIOUS PINEAPPLE: With Dole's shelf-stable pineapple products, you can have the delicious taste of refreshing pineapple anywhere, anytime. Try Dole's...
- Tunic dress, headband
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API