I was just watching a video clip from Dr. Greger at Nutritionfacts.org, about whether Avocado is good for our health or not.
So what do you think? What are Avocados Good For? Are Avocados good for me?
That's really interesting and exciting because aside from the fact that Avocado contains "good cholesterol", it also has Persin, which is a natural killer for breast cancer cells.
The only problem is that it also attacks normal cells.
Pretty much how chemotherapy drugs works as well. Another advantage of consuming avocados is that it is a rich source of beta-sitosterol, which has a cholesterol lowering effect on the body.
Researchers made an in vitro study about the effects of Avocado extract to white blood cells, and the conclusions were astounding.
It does have a detrimental effect on the white blood cells. Fortunately, when we consume Avocados they are still broken down by our digestive enzymes, then our liver detoxifies potential toxins before nutrients are released in the blood stream.
But the bottomline is we don't know.
The research have shown that Avocado has an effect in Vitro (outside the body) but no significant studies have been done to test how our bodies react when consumed.
- Takes the Heat - With a high smoke point of 500°F it's great for stir frying, sautéing and more
- Better Cooking - With similar monounsaturated fat, Avocado Oil is like olive oil you can cook with
- Flavor Savor - A mild, smooth flavor that enhances other foods and takes the place of cooking oils
- Naturally Refined - Non-GMO and Gluten Free. The perfect addition to the Whole30 and Paleo diet
- Deliciously Diverse - Great for high-heat cooking or using cold on salads
- 7 squishy inches!
- All new polyester fiber.
- Ages 3 and up!
- QUALITY YOU CAN TASTE: La Tourangelle brings artisan excellence to your kitchen and home. The mainstay of all La Tourangelle's natural, artisanal oils is premium taste derived from the best quality ingredients. Add the flavor of La Tourangelle to any meal.
- FOR FOOD & BEYOND: 100% pure, all-natural and handcrafted from premium avocados, this emerald green oil is wonderful in salad dressings, on fresh cut fruit or grilled fish. It's also great for skin and hair; for soft skin, just apply it after a shower.
- DELICIOUS & VERSATILE: La Tourangelle oils make it easy to create distinctive dishes for professional chefs, novice cooks and foodies alike. Great for salads, on grilled meat, pasta, or a cheese plate, our oils create memorable moments around the table.
- NATURAL & SUSTAINABLE: La Tourangelle's delicious, artisan oils provide the perfect touch to make a gourmet breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We strive to be the best artisan oil producer, dedicated to making carefully crafted, sustainable, natural products.
- KITCHEN? YOU MEAN ART STUDIO: From Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to our AvoCoco butter substitute & Pesto Oil, La Tourangelle brings the best oils and flavors from around the world straight to your kitchen. Discover your culinary creativity with our oils!