Table of Contents
- My Nutribullet™ PRO 900 Series Review
After using the Nutribullet 600W Extractor machine for almost 1 year, a more powerful, and bigger version comes in…
- Does a bigger machine creates better smoothies? (900 watts motor vs 600 watts)
- Is a bigger cup worth it?
- What are the improvements of the new Nutribullet Pro from the old machine?
- Why does it have 2 extractor blades and no milling blade?
These are just some of the questions that I’ll answer in this article. After 1 year of using the Nutribullet 600w series, I think it’s time for me to upgrade (or replace some of the worn out parts)…
My Nutribullet™ PRO 900 Series Review
I’ll address two types of people in this article, people who have bought the old Nutribullet, and people who are still on the fence on which Nutribullet to buy (first time buyers of this extractor machine).
I’ll start with people who have the old Nutribullet first, people like me… I already have the old and working Nutribullet 600 watts series, so why do I want to upgrade to the new PRO 900 series? Well, I needed a replacement cup and extractor blades for my old Nutribullet. If you’re like me and you’ve used the Nutribullet daily (sometimes creating more than one single serve drinks per day), it would be subjected to normal wear and tear.
- The rubber gasket would start to loosen up and could start leaking.
- The Nutribullet cups and extractor blades will have some staining and residue buildup because of the fruits and vegetable pigments present when creating your drinks
- I’m creating more drinks for my growing family (My wife and 3 year old son are loving the smoothie drinks created with the Nutribullet.
So instead, of ordering the replacement cups and gaskets via Amazon…
I thought I would give the new Nutribullet PRO 900 series a try…
As an old user of the Nutribullet, the very first thing that you’ll notice is that it has a bigger cup and a more powerful motor (900 watts motor). The Nutribullet PRO 900 series also has 2 extractor blades. Where did the milling blade go? It was removed in the 900 series and was replaced with another set of extractor blades. Since the new 900 series has more powerful motor and a higher RPM (25,000 RPM) you can now use the extractor blades as milling blades for your nuts and seeds. The additional extractor blade also gives you an extra blade so that you can create more drinks faster (use it on the small cup together with the colossal cup).
Another big difference that I’ve noticed immediately was the size of the 32 oz colossal cup. Now, I can create drinks for me and my wife and we don’t need to blend another set of smoothies because 16 (32/2) oz of drink for each is more than enough for a single serving.
And most importantly, the consistency of the drinks that are being created with the Nutribullet PRO 900 series, it’s just smoother. You can even filter it in a nut milk bag if you really want to leave out the fiber, although I wouldn’t be doing that (fiber is also important in your diet). The consistency of the smoothies made are better than what I’ve made from the old version of the Nutribullet and this allows you to drink them much faster (which helps if you’re drinking a lot of green smoothies made of kale, broccoli or collard greens).
I’ve also noticed that the extractor blades have better seals on them (just like the newer versions of the 600 watt Nutribullet) which prevents leaks when creating your drinks. I’ve never had “leaking” issues with the PRO 900 series or the 600 Watt Nutribullet, but I’ve heard from a some readers and some people using the 600 watt Nutribullet that they’ve experienced some leaking, but after finding out that it was because they were filling the cups to the brim and not just to the max line, they have resolved the “leaking problem” with their Nutribullet. If you’ve noticed that it’s still leaking even after following directions, then you can order a replacement cup and extractor blade online. If it’s still under warranty, you can try availing of that warranty as well.
With regards to the cup covers, you’ll notice that it now has a “flip-lid” instead of just rotating the cup cover. This allows me to “flip the lid” on one hand and drink my “green smoothies” easily (very useful when walking or reading one book at your other hand).
How about first time Nutribullet buyers?
You might have heard of the Nutribullet brand from a relative, friend or colleague online and if you’re still on the fence on which Nutribullet to buy, I’d like to share with you what I did.
When I created this site, I wanted to share more about my juicing experience. But later on I found out that juicing is not the only way to consume your “greens” (vegetables). One of the methods to create “healthy drinks” is to create smoothies. Smoothies differ in juicing in the sense that the “fiber” is still intact unlike in juicing where you throw in away the fiber. I already have my Breville Juicer, but I also wanted to create “smoothies”, and this is how I stumbled on the Nutribullet brand.
Don’t be confused with the Nutribullet Brands.
You’ll find that there’s a Magic Bullet, a Nutribullet (600W motor) and the new Nutribullet PRO 900 Series.
I bought the Magic Bullet first because it was under $50 online, but I returned it because the drinks came out in chunks. I just didn’t like the consistency. So if you want “smoothies” avoid the Magic Bullet, it’s just not powerful enough.
I then grabbed the Nutribullet 600 W series a year ago, and have never looked back. It’s simple, easy to use and very easy to clean. Just unsnap, rinse, clean and dry. That’s it.As a side note, the Nutribullet 600 W series has a brand of Magic Bullet on it’s powerbase, so it might be confusing if it’s a Magic Bullet or a Nutribullet. A quick way to know if it’s the Nutribullet is the price. The Nutribullet is less than $100 but the Magicbullet is less than $50 and it’s also smaller (the blades, cups and powermotor are smaller).
But in the last few months, Nutribullet has released a new version, the PRO 900 Series. And I was about to get a replacement cup and replacement blades for my old nutribullet. So I grabbed the new version instead and as such, I would recommend the new Nutribullet PRO 900 series over the old one. My reasons are simple:
- It’s bigger – which means I can serve drinks to 2 people immediately instead of using it twice.
- It’s more powerful – with the 900 watt motors and 25,000 RPM, I can pulverize more seeds, nuts, fruit,vegetables and create “smoother”drinks.
- It has 2 extractor blades – I use the extractor blades over the milling blades 99% of the time, so it makes more sense to have an “extra” extractor blade.
- It has a flip lid – This allows me to open up my nutribullet cups and drink my “green smoothies” easily.
What I really love with my Nutribullet PRO 900 Series is that it replaces a lot of appliances
- It has replaced my Blender – Sorry my blender, the Nutribullet is so much easier for me to use.
- I now have a coffee grinder – I don’t drink that much coffee, but if I want to grind and create my own “gourmet” coffee, I can do that with the extractor blade and the Nutribullet.
- I now have a Drink and Smoothie maker – Yep, this is my favorite use of the Nutribullet. I create all my “green smoothies” with this machine.
- Juicing machine (almost) – Since the Nutribullet PRO 900 series can almost “liquefy” drinks, just strain the fiber in a nut milk bag and you can separate the fiber from the juice.
- Chopper/Milling blade for nuts and seeds – Want chop nuts and seeds? The Nutribullet PRO can easily do that.
- Mixer (sorta) – If you want to mix eggs or make a batter, you can try the Nutribullet as well
- The total amount of all these appliances would have cost me over $600-$800, the Nutribullet PRO 900 Series ranges between $150 – $180 (+shipping and tax) only.
Note: How about ice? I wouldn’t use it will big chunks of ice, probably smaller chunks of ice. The Nutribullet PRO 900 series was not designed to handle ice, although it could do it, it could damage your extractor blades or motor. What I do is I create my smoothie drinks then add ice or I put in the freezer for a few minutes to make it a cold drink. Yum!
Where can I get the Nutribullet PRO 900 Series?
As of now, the Nutribullet PRO 900 Series are being sold in limited stores (will probably be sold in more stores in the future). But you can still get it via Amazon (you can sometimes get up to 25% discount and free shipping depending on the current offers, click here to check the current promotions)
Amazon is the world’s leading online retailer and you can shop several items from the comfort of your own home and it will be delivered to you as soon as possible. Check out the best deals for the Nutribullet PRO 900 series here.