- Does this new and bigger machine create better smoothies? (900 watts motor vs 600 watts)
- Is a bigger cup worth it? (32oz cup)
- What are the improvements of the new Nutribullet from the old machine?
- Why does it have 2 extractor blades and no milling blade?
These are just some of the questions that I’ll answer in this article.
As an old Nutribullet user, the first wear and tear would be coming from the cups and the extractor blades.
The pigments of the fruits and vegetables made from daily use can result in “dirty-looking” cups.
I have two options if I want to continue creating my smoothies:
I was weighing both options, and both would be a considerable amount of investment. I just bought the new version because I’ll be able to create bigger batches of smoothies with the 32oz.
This 32 oz is enough to create 2 drinks for me and my spouse.
The new version also has 2 extractor blades and if you’re a daily user like me, you’ll know that it’s a very valuable upgrade because you can have a backup extractor blade just in case one gets too dirty.
And with the more powerful motor, I’ll be able to create more smoother drinks than the 600W version with less time to make it (so that’s a huge savings in energy bills as well).
My Nutribullet™ PRO 900 Series Review
I’ll address two types of people in this article, people who have bought the old nutribullet, and people who are still on the fence on which Nutribullet to buy (first time buyers of this extractor machine).
I’ll start with people who have the old Nutribullet first, people like me…
Well, I needed a replacement cup and extractor blades for my old Nutribullet
If you’ve used the Nutribullet daily (sometimes creating more than one single serve drinks per day), it would be subjected to normal wear and tear.
- The rubber gasket would start to loosen up and could start leaking.
- The Nutribullet cups and extractor blades will have some staining and residue buildup because of the fruits and vegetable pigments present when creating your drinks
- I’m creating more drinks for my growing family (My wife and 3 year old son are loving the smoothie drinks created with the Nutribullet).
So instead, of ordering replacement parts and cups…
I thought I would give the new Nutribullet PRO 900 series a try…
As an old user of the Nutribullet, the very first thing that you’ll notice is that it has a bigger cup and a more powerful motor (900 watts motor).
and the thing that I really love with this new version is that you’ll get two extraction blades.
Where did the milling blade go?
It was removed in the 900 series and was replaced with another set of extractor blades.
Since the new 900 series has more powerful motor and a higher RPM (25,000 RPM) you can now use the extractor blades as milling blades for your nuts and seeds.
The additional extractor blade also gives you an extra blade so that you can create more drinks faster (use it on the small cup together with the colossal cup).
A bigger cup for making drinks for 2…
Another big difference that I’ve noticed immediately was the size of the 32 oz colossal cup.
Now, I can create drinks for me and my wife and we don’t need to blend another set of smoothies because 16 (32/2) oz of drink for each is more than enough for a single serving.
This is one of the problems that I encountered in the old Nutribullet, the size of the cup is not enough for 2-3 people.
I need to make several batches if I want to serve drinks to more than 1 person.
600W vs 900W motor
And most importantly, the consistency of the drinks that are being created with the Nutribullet PRO 900 series are better.
It’s just smoother because it has a more powerful motor.
Want less fiber?
You can even filter it in a nut milk bag if you really want to leave out the fiber, although I wouldn’t be doing that (fiber is also important in your diet).
The consistency of the smoothies made are better than what I’ve made from the old version of the Nutribullet.
This allows you to drink them much faster (which helps if you’re drinking a lot of green smoothies made of kale, broccoli or collard greens).
I’ve also noticed that the extractor blades have better seals on them which prevents leaks when creating your drinks.
I’ve never had “leaking” issues with the 900 series or the 600 series.
But I’ve heard from some readers that they’ve experienced some leaking when creating their drinks. Most of the time, leaks are caused by overfilling your cups. Make sure that you only pour liquid below the max line.
If you’ve noticed that it’s still leaking even after following directions, then you can contact the manufacturer directly (if it’s still under warranty) or you can buy replacement cups online.’
A New Flip Lid Cover
With regards to the cup covers, you’ll notice that it now has a “flip-lid” instead of just rotating the cup cover.
This allows me to “flip the lid” on one hand and drink my “green smoothies” easily (very useful when walking or reading one book at your other hand).
How about first time Nutribullet buyers?
You might have heard of the Nutribullet brand from a relative, friend or colleague online and if you’re still on the fence on which Nutribullet to buy, I’d like to share with you what I did.
When I created this site, I wanted to share more about my juicing experience. But later on I found out that juicing is not the only way to consume your “greens” (vegetables).
One of the methods to create “healthy drinks” is to create smoothies.
Smoothies differ in juicing in the sense that the “fiber” is still intact. Unlike in juicing where you throw away the fiber.
I already have my Breville Juicer, but I also wanted to create “smoothies”, and this is how I stumbled on the Nutribullet brand.
Don’t be confused with the Nutribullet Brands:
the Magic Bullet, Nutribullet 600W and Nutribullet PRO 900
You’ll find that there’s a Magic Bullet, a Nutribullet (600W motor) and the new NutriBullet Pro 900 Series. Just recently they’ve came up with a newer version called the “Nutribullet Rx” which can make soup. Stay tuned for my review on this.
All of them are under the Magic Bullet brand, and the first version they released was the Magic Bullet.
Now that they have newer models, they have still retained the Magic Bullet logos in the Nutribullet models which confuses some people.
I bought the Magic bullet first because it was under $50 online, but I returned it because the drinks came out in chunks. I just didn’t like the consistency of my drinks made with the smaller Magic bullet.
If you want “smoothies” avoid the Magic Bullet, it’s just not powerful enough.
A Year Ago…
I grabbed the Nutribullet (600W motor) series a year ago, and have never looked back.
It’s simple, easy to use and very easy to clean.
Just unsnap, rinse, clean and dry. That’s it.
But in the last few months, Nutribullet has released a new version, the PRO 900 Series. And I was about to get a replacement cup and replacement blades for my old nutribullet. So I grabbed the new version instead and as such, I would recommend the new Nutribullet PRO 900 series over the old one.
My reasons are simple:
- It’s bigger – which means I can serve drinks to 2 people immediately instead of using it twice.
- It’s more powerful – with the 900 watt motors and 25,000 RPM, I can pulverize more seeds, nuts, fruit,vegetables and create “smoother”drinks.
- It has 2 extractor blades – I use the extractor blades over the milling blades 99% of the time, so it makes more sense to have an “extra” extractor blade.
- It has a flip lid – This allows me to open up my nutribullet cups and drink my “green smoothies” easily.
What I also love about my Nutribullet PRO 900 Series is that it replaces a lot of appliances
- It has replaced my Blender – Sorry my blender, the Nutribullet is so much easier for me to use.
- I now have a coffee grinder – I don’t drink that much coffee, but if I want to grind and create my own “gourmet” coffee, I can do that with the extractor blade and the Nutribullet.
- I now have a Drink and Smoothie maker – Yep, this is my favorite use of the Nutribullet. I create all my “green smoothies” with this machine.
- Juicing machine (almost) – Since the Nutribullet PRO 900 series can almost “liquefy” drinks, just strain the fiber in a nut milk bag and you can separate the fiber from the juice.
- Chopper/Milling blade for nuts and seeds – Want chop nuts and seeds? The Nutribullet PRO can easily do that.
- Mixer (sorta) – If you want to mix eggs or make a batter, you can try the Nutribullet as well
- The total amount of all these appliances would have cost me over $600-$800, the Nutribullet PRO 900 Series ranges between $150 – $180 (+shipping and tax) only.
How about ICE??
I wouldn’t use it will big chunks of ice, probably smaller chunks of ice and frozen fruits are ok (small chunks of frozen fruits and vegetables).
The Nutribullet PRO 900 series was not designed to handle ice, although it could do it, it could damage your extractor blades or motor. What I do is I create my smoothie drinks then add ice or I put in the freezer for a few minutes to make it a cold drink. Yum!
Running the Nutribullet PRO in 220V (Australia, UK)
A lot of people have been asking how can they run their 120V Nutribullet Pro 900 in countries like Australia, UK (220V) and one of our community members shared how he was able to do this by using a 1500W Step Down Transformer. A Step down transformer converts 220V to 120V so that you can plugin your 120V appliance.
Disclaimer: I haven’t used this transformer as I’m living in a country (Canada) with 120V already. Please do your diligent research as to the quality of the step-down transformer you’ll use and if this can affect the warranty of your machines.
Where can I get the Nutribullet PRO 900 Series?
As of now, the Nutribullet PRO 900 series are being sold online and in limited stores (will probably be sold in more stores in the future).
Just like the old Nutribullet, I’ve found that the best deals and prices are available at Amazon (the World’s largest online retailer). You might be eligible for free shipping and be able to get up to 25% discount. You can also do price comparison and shopping on Amazon.